Thursday, August 12

Guilty Pleasures: My Asian Fetish.

Everyone has a weird obsession, a "fetish" if you will, I have a cousin who is obsessed with feet, another who loves The Polar Express. Some obsess over shoes or sitcoms, or even a certain color. I differ a little from the "norm" of obsessions, because mine is over Asians. It's true, I have an Asian fetish.

I'm not completely sure when my obsession started, but I blame it on Mulan. Honestly, how is any girl supposed to look at Captain Shang's beautifully drawn abs and not go weak in the knees? That, and growing up watching the insane-amazing-holy-crapness of Jackie Chan must have hardwired my brain for asian loving. I'm also fairly convinced that I was either supposed to be born asian, or I was asian in a former life. 

Here, is a very very condensed version of the things I love about asians

  • Just the way they look overall
  • Jackie Chan
  • The way Chinese sounds when people speak it
  • Jet Li
  • Felice Chu (A foreign exchange student from Taiwan that I was lucky enough to become friends with)
  • Super Junior (An Asian boy band comprised of the 13 most gorgeous asian boys I've ever seen)
  • Sushi
  • Kung Fu
  • Panda Bears
Most of this list is pretty self explanatory, but I would like to expound on just a couple.

Firstly, Felice. Have you ever met someone and felt that they were you in another body? Like you from a parallel universe? Well that is how Felice is. Two years ago she came to my high school for a year and we were best friends. She is definitely one of the craziest, funniest, funnest, most amazing people I've ever met, and when she went back home to Taiwan, I was very melancholy. Amazingly enough, she was able to come back and visit this summer and spent two and a half weeks living with me. It was so good to see her again, I love me my asian! 

Secondly, Super Junior. I cannot express the amazingness of these beautiful, talented performers by myself, so I will enlist the help of the amazing Youtube. So I will hurry and post a video of them so you too can witness them in all of their Asian glory. My favorite is named Kyu-hyun, but all of them have a very special place in my heart.







1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I love your ginger-ness! :) I think it's funny because you are part asian now, and you only have to reach behind you to become closer to Felice :) hahahaha

    ReplyDelete