Monday, August 23

Moving In

Yesterday, I moved out of my house and moved into the dorm where I will be living for the next year. It was a very...interesting experience. I had spent most of this last week packing up my various belongings and bidding my various friends farewell. Saturday was my last "official" day at home and I spent the morning with my youngest sister. We went and saw Despicable Me (cutest movie EVER) and then took her to lunch. After the movie, we came back home and then the whole family went to dinner.

I got to choose where we went since it was my farewell dinner, and I decided that Olive Garden was a good choice. I was wrong. We had an hour wait just to get into the restaurant, and then another hour before we got our salad and breadsticks. It must have been the busiest night in history at the Olive Garden, because it was the longest wait I've ever had to sit through. It's a good thing that the food was good. I had this crazy delicious roll up lasagna thing. It was incredibly delectable.

After dinner we went home and watched Chuck, our family's new favorite TV show. Chuck is hilarious, but the best part was when Principal Figgins from Glee ended up playing a shirtless, speedo wearing, incredibly hairy mob boss. I almost died I was laughing so hard. After the hilarity ended, I went to get ready for bed one last time. I came out of the bathroom and got swept up into a bone crushing hug from my father. He told me that he loved me, that I would always be his little girl, and that he would miss me. I started crying, and then my mom showed up and we both started crying harder. When my sisters showed up and started bawling we all kind of lost it for a little bit. It was sad. but good

 Sunday was surprisingly tearless, we went to church, had a delicious lunch, and then spent an hour packing all of my belongings into the car. Apparently I have a lot of stuff. We drove an hour and a half to my new apartment, spent a while unpacking all of my stuff, then I gave everyone a last hug goodbye, and then my family drove back home.

I've been in my apartment for a day now, and I like it a lot. My roommates are crazy awesome, the campus is beautiful, and I'm having so much fun!!!
I'll talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment