Tuesday, May 24

Oh the Cleverness of Me!

As you all well know, I have spent almost the entirety of my summer jobless, and alone at my house. This usually just results in me staying in my pajamas all day watching Korean boy-band music videos and eating chocolate chips. I lead a charmed life. 


Yesterday though, I decided that enough was enough! I was going to take back my life and do something productive for once! (This sentence for some reason makes me picture myself in front of a fluttering American Flag while the nation cheers me on. Wow, that would be really cool...maybe I should buy a big flag...) I was going to learn how to fly and then save the world from Lex Luther, but I just didn't have the time- so I got all crafty instead! 


I don't know if  this is just the estrogen smothered way of gaining satisfaction from working with your hands, but I love doing little crafts and such. My mom used to be huge into scrapbooking and I always loved spending the days helping her put all the pages together and making them all cute. Sadly, no one but me has time to do anything like that anymore... so I just have to do it myself. 


So yesterday, I let my creative juices flow, and ended up with two masterpieces that I am very proud of. You might think they're lame, but no offense: I don't really care...


So. Here they are!


Number One:
      I was sitting in my room and I noticed that I had quite the collection of movie tickets on my walls. Really, I had like 50 of them up there. I decided that they looked really tacky just sitting on my wall like that, and I was thinking of different ways to make them look incredibly less tacky and incredibly more awesome. This is what I came up with:



Mock it if you will, but I think it looks pretty cool!




Number Two:
      I have a lot of necklaces and I always get really frustrated because they get all tangled together, or I misplace one, and all other manners of jewelry related horror. I found a very large piece of framed corkboard and ransacked my mother's ribbon drawer to create this one. (I am even prouder of this one than the last, mostly because it's super cute, and even more mostly, because the ribbon has sheep on it.) 



Isn't that just handy? I hot glued mini clothes-pins to the ribbon and now I can use them to hold all of my necklaces! I felt so ingenious.

SHEEP RIBBON!!!! AH!!!!


After all success of my first two creations, I have decided to do many more such projects over the summer. On my list are: A super cute apron, A college scrapbook, and whatever else I can come up with! If you guys have any ideas, or have any questions about these ones: I would love to hear from you!!!

The End.








3 comments:

  1. BrittanythisisAWESOME!!! I LOVE THE THING WITH THE TICEKTS! I LOVE THE NECKLACE BOARD! I LOVE IT ALL! I also love your header. Did you make that?! It's glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, your blog is so freaking cute! I'm uber jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lara: I'm glad you like them, you were my secret inspiration....and yes I did make the header, I am very proud of it

    Kelsey: I'm so glad you think so, because yours is super adorable! I occasionally suffer from blog envy...

    ReplyDelete