Monday, May 23

The Things You Learn From Friends...

It was another fabulous weekend in which I journeyed far and wide to the magical land of Vernal, Utah. I have a love-hate relationship with this town because I always have so much fun when I go there, but I always end up having to say goodbye to an awesome friend. It seems like all I do anymore is go to farewells. I love them, but they're sad.


This weekend seemed like the first rain-free one this year! Holy Biscuits y'all, I am so sick of the rain. If it was a person, I would punch it. Even if it was an Asian. All Asians aside, it was a great weekend. We hiked, (so much easier in the daytime I tell you what!) ate, talked, joked, teased, danced, sat around, and just had a stellar time. I know it has only been two weeks since I was living down the hall from all these people, but I really have missed being around them a lot; and it was so great to have some time just to hang out again.


Some Highlights of the weekend were:



  • The Drive Up: I rode up with my friends Whitney and Mackay and we spent the entire 4 hours teasing the crap out of each other. I don't think there was even a moment a silence, it was immensely entertaining.
  • The World Didn't End: I admit it, I was a little worried that it would. Thank goodness it didn't though, the Glee finale isn't until tomorrow!! Are they going to win Nationals? Do Fin and Rachel get back together?? I CAN'T HANDLE THE SUSPENSE!!!
  • Night Hiking: Something we always end up doing when we go to Vernal. This time we went to a quaint little rock formation known as "Moonshine Arch" unfortunatey we didn't have any moonshine, but even more unfortunately there were in fact several moons that shone over the course of the evening. It was a lot of fun though, and the stars in Vernal are incredible, I could almost see the Death Star. 
  • Learning: Mackay found a very educational book at his house called "Self Knowledge: A Companion To Know Thyself". It was full of intellectual gems about relationships including: "Spooning is the kindergarten to prostitution" and "Symptoms of Impregnation: Childbirth" there was much guffawing involved with this novel.
  • Names: We spent much of the weekend calling each other names, but this is mostly referring to a very interesting website that we discovered. PoopNames.com. That's right, there is an entire website devoted to naming the different styles of excrement that exit the human body. It might have been the fact that we were in Vernal and sleep-deprived, but we were laughing so hard at this website that we cried. Don't Judge.
There was a lot more that happened, but sadly, these are the best parts. Of course getting to be at Caden's farewell was great, he's an awesome guy and he's going to be an amazing missionary. I was sad to leave Vernal, but I know I'll be going back later in the summer to party and try my hand at wakeboarding. I think I'm going to rock, but we'll see.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment