Thursday, September 16

Do Not Feed the Animals!

Well folks, I didn't make the swing dance team. I will admit, the odds were kind of against me. There were seven open positions...and I think 30 girls tried out. Not very good chances.

No worries though, I still get to be in my swing dance class, and I've already found some other activities to occupy my time!

You may think this sounds totally redneck/hick/lame, but I joined the Animal Science Club! YeeHaw! Giddyap Pardner!! I promise though, as dumb as you think the Animal Science club sounds, I'm actually very excited!

I went to the opening social last night with my friend Caroline, and even though we were the only ones there not wearing cowboy boots and obscenely big belt buckles, we had a lot of fun! The social was held up at First Dam, which is this adorable little pond thing with a dock and all these ducks and geese, I'm definitely going to be spending a lot of time up there now. Caroline and I ate delicious hamburgers and made small talk with all our fellow animal-sciencers, and then we found this man who had the cutest little puppy I've ever seen in my life! It was an Australian Shepherd named Doc, and he and I had an instant connection.

So, there we were playing with the puppy and feeding hamburger buns to the ducks when we saw a gang of geese approaching. I know that the plural term for goose is usually called a gaggle, but I promise ladies and gents, this was no gaggle. They were like a motorcycle gang...but geese. They saw us feeding all the cute little ducks, came roaring over on their little goose-sized harley davidson's and began wreaking all kinds of havoc! Little Doc had never been in a close proximity to geese before, and as any other puppy would do, he scampered on over to investigate.

(This scene works best if you imagine Doc as an adorable toddler and the goose as the biggest, baddest, toughest man you've ever seen in your life.)

So, there goes little Doc, innocently prancing on over to the goose and then the scariest thing of my life happened! The goose raised up it's huge, ugly goose head, started hissing like some evil banshee, and then charged little Doc!! Doc by this time had seen quite enough of this goose and was scared out of his little puppy wits! I grabbed Doc, and we began retreating, but this was no ordinary goose because he started chasing us, and if you've never been chased by a goose, I can assure you that it is a very frightening experience!

I was afraid for my life.

Luckily, just as all hope was lost, this amazing cowboy man jumped up, whipped out has lasso, and tried to rope the evil goose! Unfortunately, he didn't suceed, but he scared the crap out of the goose and it waddled away like the overgrown chicken it really was! I was schocked and amazed because I was completely unaware that there were still people in the world that carry lassos around. I am very glad that this man did, because otherwise I might not be here today.

The moral of this story: Know where your towel is....

No comments:

Post a Comment