Wednesday, September 15

College Men

I've been up here at college for a month now, and though I'm not a true Aggie, I have met many delectable man-type people! You might find this post horribly cliche, but as a freshman college girl, appreciating the beauty of people with high levels of testosterone is one of the high points of my day! I will now tell you about a few of the men that I've encountered, for security purposes i've changed their names, but I promise that everything I say is 100% true!!


 Man #1
    This man, that I will call Jared started out being very charming, but sadly, things have greatly deteriorated between us. He lives next door to me, and when I first moved in I ran into him a couple times and thought that he was very nice. He's not really my type-he's like 6"3 and built like a linebacker, but I guess he's mostly attractive. Anyway, we had a few little flirty moments, I made his apartment cookies and then he made me cookies, he ran into me in the hall and gave me a hug, you know those fun little moments where you can enjoy your attraction to men-type people. Then, after labor-day weekend, he walked by and saw that I was in my apartment, he stopped by, came in and we started talking. I was expecting a little five minute chat about our majors or something. I guess my expectations where way off because he spent FIVE HOURS telling me everything that had ever happened to him from the second grade up until senior year. I was polite at first, trying to listen, showing sympathy at appropriate times, but when he spent two hours alone talking about his past relationships and all the girls he had dated in high school I was not only annoyed, but bored out of my mind. I started trying to give him subtle hints that he should leave, but he is the most obtuse person I've come in contact with in a long time and didn't pick up on any of them.

After he FINALLY left, I ranted about Jared's ridiculous behavior with my roommates. I discovered that what I had just endured was a common occurrence in our apartment building. Apparently, Jared will make rounds around the building and when he finds an open apartment occupied with females, he will invite himself in, start talking, and NEVER STOP!! After my eyes were opened to his actions, I warned the rest of my roommates and now whenever we are in our apartment, we sit in the living room with the blinds shut tight and the door firmly closed. It is going to be a looooooooong year.

Man #2
    This man, we'll call him Kyle, is more my kind of man. We met in my ridiculously fun swing dance class, and then discovered that we live right down the hall from each other. He's really really nice, he's cute, and he's kind of shy and nerdy which I think is adorable. He's also a very good swing dancer :) I've hung out with him at church and walked to class with him a couple times and I just think he's awesome. Even if nothing romantic ever happens, I hope that we can at least be good friends this year. 

Man #3
     This guy needs a really macho name....Derek...Phillip...Naveen...Aladdin...yup I'm sticking with Aladdin.


Aladdin is ridiculously attractive, he's not super tall which is a plus for me, he's tan with dark hair,  really white teeth, and very nicely defined arms. He's also in my swing dance class and is so much fun to dance with. He did marching band in high school which makes him even more attractive, and he's really really nice. He's also lives in my building so I get to see him quite a bit! I just love college! ;)

So far, these are really the only men that I have enough to say about. I see tons of super attractive guys all over the place, but with so many people up here, you see them once and then never again. Never fear though, where there are men, I will find them!


1 comment: