Thursday, September 9

Quality Time in the Bathroom

My first two week at college were extremely frustrating when it came to the matter of internet connections. I would be able to connect to USU's wireless and then randomly and for no apparent reason-I would be unceremoniously rejected. At first this was merely a nuisance, but when classes started and I was given copious amounts of homework via the internet, the unpredictable and unexplainable rejection by the wifi had me very frustrated. Very frustrated indeed precious...

I sought counsel from my roommates, hoping that they would have a solution to my problem. Sadly, they were all suffering from the same dilemma. I next went to my RA, hoping that he would have sufficient knowledge to solve my problem, he merely said to give the network time and that is should be better by the end of the week.

So I waited. Very patiently I might add. But the situation did not improve.

I was almost at my wits end, almost devoid of hope that I would ever be able to use my internet for more than a few minutes at a time, when we made a startling discovery! Two of my roommates who had been spending quality time with the boys next door had mentioned or networking dilemma. The boys thought this rather odd since they had been having no problems whatsoever with their computers. Then we discovered that the wireless router that sends out our signal is in their room. Apparently the USU networking masterminds decided that only every other room in the dorms needed a router.

I believe this to be poppycock.

Sadly, there is nothing that a freshman girl of my small stature can do to change this. So how?, you may ask, will I survive with these conditions?

The answer is, whenever I need to use the internet, I go sit in the part of our apartment which is closest to the boy's router. Sadly, this room happens to be the bathroom. So i guess that the bathroom and I will be spending a lot of quality time together over the next year....

Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment