Friday, July 13

Gateway Adventures

So, I took a much needed reprieve from work yesterday, and partied with my peeps at the gateway.

Here's what I did.

  • Rode the train down and listened to the men sitting behind me share their hitchhiking experiences with each other.
  • Walked around Barnes and Noble for half an hour by myself just looking at all the books and wishing that the bookshelves were tall enough that you needed to climb a ladder to get to the top.
  • Bought a "How To Read Tarot Cards" book and a set of tarot cards.
  • Went to Urban Outfitters and cried because I do not have even close to enough money to buy everything I want from that store.
  • Settled with buying some new sunglasses and a snazzy bracelet.
  • Read a book about things that zombies hate.
  • Learned that zombies hate balloons.
  • And mimes.
  • Took pictures of my bff Haydn wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey to make her sister angry.
  • Laughed for way too long because I found garden gnomes dressed as team mascots. I'm sorry, but a garden gnome dressed up as a dolphin is probably one of the funniest things in creation.
  • Ate Panda Express. With chopsticks. Like a real Asian.
  • Saw a man dressed up as a jedi.
  • Found a book filled with hilarious insults.
  • Told my friend that after looking at his face, I was no longer in the mood for pepperoni.
  • Was told by the same friend that I'm so short my hair must smell like feet.
  • Went to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and bought not a Peanut Butter Cup, not a Peanut Butter Pail,but a Peanut Butter Bucket.
  • That's right. A bucket.
  • Realized that I can't hear the word "Biscuit" without cracking up.
  • Watched the Katy Perry movie in 3D.
  • Cried a little bit.
  • Didn't steal the 3D glasses even though I really wanted to, they were just really nice ones and I felt too guilty.
  • Went back to Barnes and Noble.
  • Lost at Bop-it.
  • Read a book explaining that the dinosaurs went extinct because they were fighting over underpants.
  • Decided maybe you shouldn't really believe everything you read.
  • With the help of my friend Christian, made a story using only the words in book titles.
  • Touched a cloud in the planetarium.
  • Wished the day didn't have to end.
  • Listened to 500 Miles by the Proclaimers on repeat all the way back to Ogden.
  • Learned how to read Tarot cards. Like a boss. A gypsy boss.
  • Learned from my Tarot cards that wearing purple today would bring me heartache and bad luck in my work endeavors.
Life handed me some pretty sweet lemons yesterday, 
I'm fully content. 
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment