Thursday, May 3

HAGS

Remember the last day of school back in Jr. High?
We didn't have classes, everyone just spend the whole day wandering around the school
reminiscing about all the moments
good and bad
that were now behind them.
And the yearbooks,
Oh the yearbooks.
Everyone was running around like a chicken with their head cut off, trying to get as many signatures as possible even if you didn't know half the people you talked to.
Then, as that bell rang for the final time, everyone stampeded out of the building with beatific smiles on their faces because it was finally

Summer

That magical time of sleeping in until noon, of spending the whole day barefoot, of taking long naps in hammocks, and having silly adventures with your friends.
Ah, those were the days.
College is lots different.

My last day of school ended around six hours ago. I studied until around three in the morning, slept until eight, and then studied for another three hours until I had my first final.
I had a mere fifteen minutes to catch my breath and let my brain start functioning normally again before my next final started. When I was finally finished, I headed back to my apartment where I immediately began the strenuous act of packing all of my belongings, and getting everything cleaned up.
Summer is here
And yes, that means no school,
but it also means I have to prepare myself for a lot of goodbyes.
All the people that I've spent every waking moment with over the last year will soon be the people that I rarely see.
Some I'll see over the summer, and again next year
but others I won't see again for years- if ever.
It's sad stuff.
And summer, when you're an adult, means work.
And for me it means 10 hours a day
in the hot sun
watching other people have fun.
Woot.

Sorry I'm in such a bad mood y'all.
Goodbyes just make me cranky.

I do want to say, to everyone that made this year worthwhile:
Thank you.
To all my roommates and friends, I love you more than words can express.

Thank you for such an amazing eight months.


*cue music*


 IIIII'VE HAD THE TIME OF MY LI-I-IFE
NO I'VE NEVER FELT THIS WAY BEFORE
AND I SWEAR
IT'S THE TRU-U-UTH
AND I OWE IT ALL TO YOU-OO-OO!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment