Saturday, March 19

A Stationary Tale

Sometimes in life, things happen that we can't explain and we don't understand. 


Examples of this:


  • The fact that I can get internet at the bottom of my bed, but not at the top.
  • Daniel Radcliffe was such a cute kid, but turned out to be so unattractive.
  • The existence of the song "Friday" by Rebecca Black
  • Johnny Depp hasn't won an oscar
  • I can forget to eat until 2 and I'm fine, but if I'm fasting I feel like I'm going to die
  • People actually like Anne Hathaway
  • Butter is so freaking expensive
  • Logan, Utah doesn't have a Victoria's Secret
  • Or a Target
  • But it has 2 Wal-Marts
  • I still don't have a boyfriend


These are all very troubling matters, but I have another one that presents a more immediate concern. 

  • Sometimes when you don't use markers for an extended period of time, and then you go to use them, they explode all over you.
Unfortunately I know all about this firsthand.

You see, it was my amazing roommate Haydn Owens' birthday yesterday, and she hates Jimmer. (Basketball Player for BYU) We decided it would be hilarious to get her a Jimmer poster for her birthday. We couldn't find one so we had to suffice with just a plain BYU poster and we decided we would right "Teach me how to Jimmer" on it. I have this HUGE sharpie that I knew would be perfect for poster-writing, so once we got the poster I scampered back to my room to retrieve it! I opened it and.....


And.....


Curse you Sharpie Magnum!


It was everywhere. All over my hands. It dripped onto my feet. And there's a big splotch on my bathroom floor. Sharpie's are very messy stuff. And, they're meant to last for a long time, which is why two days and 17 hand washes later, I still have splotches all over me. My hands look like they're trying to masquerade as a zebra. 

So, all of you marker-using people. I'm a cautionary tale. Make sure you use all your markers regularly, and if you're concerned, just open it over the sink. Actually, given the faint purplish hue of my sink at the moment, it might be best to open it over the garbage can, or the face of an enemy.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful, ink-free day!!!
And if you have any ridiculous ink stories I would love to hear all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment