Wednesday, April 25

An Inflated Tragedy

Yesterday, my dear friend Lara Jean told me a very sad tale about some balloons that she saw. 
It was a very traumatic story, and it inspired me to write this here poem. 
Enjoi.


At a circus 
lived two balloons
One was red
And one was blue
Said the blue to the red
"Dearest, do you
want to travel the world
and the oceans too?"

Said the Red to the Blue
"Of course I do!
I'll be home anywhere
If I'm with you"
So they took to the sky
And off they flew.
The blue balloon 
And the red one too.

They flew across oceans
And islands too
Past Australia where they 
Met an angry kangaroo.
To places like Egypt
And Kathmandu
The red balloon 
And the blue one too.

"Now we've seen it all!"
Said the red to the blue,
And some of our journeys
Were perilous too
But I knew I'd be fine
If I was with you"
Then an arrow whooshed by
And stuck her clear through.

"Oh what have I done?
Oh my Darling!" cried blue
"If we'd stayed home none of this
would have happened to you!
How I'll live with myself
I haven't a clue!"
Then he wept very freely 
And mournfully too.

"Hush Darling" said Red
"Look at all we've been through!
I don't regret any of it 
for a second, do you?
My time may be ending, 
yes that much is true
But I've lived a great life
Happier than most ever do
And greatest of all
I've lived it with you."

 Blue wept and watched as she fell
And she landed into
The street where she was crumpled
and torn in two.
She soon disappeared
And so did poor blue. 
They'd had a love that was pure
And real and true.
But everyone around
had more important things to do
So nobody noticed or cared
Not even you.



No comments:

Post a Comment