Wednesday, November 9

Merely Players

All the world's a Stage,
And all the men and women merely players.
-Billy Shakespeare
Do you guys ever watch movies and notice just the random people in the background? The ones listed in the credits as "Screaming guy 3" or "Guy in bar"?
I love those people.
And if someone made a movie of my life,
(I know it's never going to happen, but I'm just saying, it would be a great movie)
these are the people that would be the random guys in the background.
Cast
In order of Appearance
Bow-Tie Professor
In my head, his name is Eustace.
Or Winthrop.
Or maybe Xavier.
I always see him walking around campus, and I want to find out what he teaches just so I can take a class from him.
He looks kind of like this:

With a beard like this:
(minus the luscious curly locks)


He wears hats like this:


And Glasses like this:
And last but not least,
A bow tie like this:


I know what you're thinking,
coolest professor EVER right???

That's what I think every time I see him.
He is the coolest man I've ever seen.

Tall, Skinny, Bald Guy

I see this guy everywhere.
The shuttle, by my Chinese Class, by my Math class,
this man is all over the place.
He looks kinda like this guy:
But bald.
I find him fascinating.
I imagine his hame is Bernard,
and that he acts like Sheldon Cooper.

There's also,

Too Much Denim Cowboy Man




Scowling Asian



Who Do You Think You're Kidding Trashy Skank Girl

I mean COME ON, trying to wear crap like this around campus is just sad.
And the only guys you're getting are the douchbags the rest of us are too good for.

Intriguing Barefoot Leather Pouch Man

This guy is actually VERY attractive, but he never wears shoes.
He's always wearing either gym shorts or sweat pants,
And he is always wearing this little leather pouch around his neck.
The pouch is definitely what I find most intriguing,
what the heck does he keep in there?
I come up with various theories when I'm bored,
things like:
The ashes of a Native American Shaaman
A shark tooth
The souls of his ancestors
Beef Jerky
Interesting Rocks
and
A tiny dragon egg.
I haven't yet mustered the courage to ask him,
but one day I will.

These people may just be "extras" in my life, but the great thing about life- is that everyone is the lead character in their own story.
I'm sure all of us are just extra's to other people, but I think the fact that we get to play even a minor roll in the lives of everyone that we meet is kind of magical.
I just hope that I'm the kind of extra that people notice versus the kind that just fade into the background.





2 comments:

  1. I have seen ALL of those exact people. The professor is my #1 favorite. One day, we can become friends with all of them. minus trashy skank girl.

    ReplyDelete