Sunday, January 8

Here goes.

New Year?
Here's the plan.

I ace all my classes, like a boss.
I get a job, like a boss.
I swing dance,...(wait for it)....
like a boss.

It's going to be great.

Also it wouldn't hurt if somewhere in between all that
I happened to meet some adorable/nerdy/well-dressed man that just
happened to sweep me off my feet and then we would just happen
to have a perfect wedding, perfect children, and live a long, perfect life together.
Like Carl and Ellie.
It could happen.
Right?

Ok.
Maybe it couldn't happen.
Maybe I'll end up a loveless old spinster,
with only dogs and countless viewings of Sense and Sensibility to keep me company.
But I don't want to think about that.
I want to think about all the exciting things that will happen to me, probably on accident.
I want to think about the new people I'll meet.
The hot guy I'll sit next to in my English class,
the guy with sweaty hands in my dance class,
the cutie I'll flirt with in the library, never see again, and hope to run into him again for the rest of the semester.

I want to think about all the great nights I'll spend
sitting on the floor watching T.V. with Haydn while we're both pretending that we're doing homework instead of goofing off on pinterest and/or facebook.

Maybe this semester won't be incredibly exciting, not by your terms anyway, but for me - I think it's going to rock.

I'll keep you posted.







No comments:

Post a Comment