Wednesday, June 15

Theme Park Cookie Toss

As many of you know, I am working two jobs this summer: one as a ride operator at Lagoon, and one as a sales associate at Gymboree. I thoroughly enjoy both jobs, but on days where I have to go straight from one to the other...things can get a little interesting...

Yesterday was one of these days.

I worked a shift at Gymboree, getting all trained up and such, went home and at a delicious lunch of chips and guacamole,and I then I had to scamper on over to Lagoon. 
And things started to get ugly.
I started off my shift fine, I got all clocked in, got to the ride I was operating for the day, and got to work.
I was having a pretty fun time. Everyone was being really friendly, no one yelled at me when I told them they had to wait for the next train, and lots of people complimented me on my hair - which is always nice to hear. 
Then, I started getting nauseous. And dizzy. And my head hurt like the dickens. 
This is not a good combination, especially when you're at work.
I kept drinking, and trying to stay in the shade as much as possible, telling myself that it would blow over soon.
It didn't.
Three hours later, I was in really bad shape.
I called my supervisor, and told him what was going on. He said that one of the relief operators could finish my shift, but I'd have to go give the girl running the Turn Of The Century swings her break before I could leave.
She wanted a half hour break, I thought I could  last that long.
( thought being the key word in that sentence )
I started loading people onto the ride, checked all their harnesses, and was just about to start it up when I got that feeling.
That oh-my-holy-crap-I'm-going-to-puke-right-now feeling.
I had nowhere to go- I was locked in my little operator booth and the nearest trash can was forever-far away. 
I panicked, my stomach lurched, and I did the only thing I could...tossed my cookies all over the ground.

Puking is NEVER an enjoyable pastime. It is exponentially worse when you're vomiting in front of hundreds of people.  
I can only say that I'm in no hurry to EVER do it again.

After I finished emptying the remains of my digested guacamole onto the ground, I called my supervisor and told them I needed someone to replace me. He said someone would be right there.
In the meantime, I was stuck in a little booth with the remains of my lunch, while people stared at me with mixtures of pity, mirth, and disgust. 

It was not fun times.

My supervisor came fairly quickly though, and I was soon on my way home where I spent the remainder of my night sleeping.
Today I feel much better, and luckily I don't work at Lagoon again until Thursday. I can only hope that the story of my cookie-toss didn't make it very far.

Moral of This Story: I'm not eating guacamole for a while.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment