Tuesday, October 11

Magic in The Air

Today started out dreary.
I had to wake up at seven.
SEVEN!
I NEVER have to get up that early!!
I drug myself out of my bed,
frankenstein marched to the shower,
and then tried to stay awake while I shaved my legs.

The reason for my incredibly-too-early awakening,
was that I started volunteering to teach kindergarteners to read at the elementary school on campus.
Nothing is cuter than kindergarteners.
I read with a little girl named Lena who was wearing a hat shaped like a kitten.
She was adorable.
Also a little boy named Steven who thought his books were 
"super too" easy.
He was wearing camo pants and yellow crocs.
I loved them.

While they day was good, I only had two classes and nothing exciting happened in either one, I coudn't help but feel a little down in the dumps.
Summer is gone.
The warm sunshine is gone.
And while it is incredibly pathetic of me, I can't deny that I'm still a little disappointed in my lack of a romantic life.
One thing was for certain.
I wasn't feeling any magic.

But.

While I was sprawled out on my couch, eating ice cream and watching Sense and Sensibility, I glanced out the window and saw this:


The brightest, biggest, most beautiful rainbow I'd ever seen in my life.


It absolutely took my breath away...

The world is full of magic.
I'm glad nature took the time to help me see it.





1 comment:

  1. I saw it too, and it was so gorgeous! Best one I've ever seen! I'm glad you got pictures of it. =)
    I might post a link to your post, on my blog, so people can see the rainbow, if that's okay...

    ReplyDelete