Monday, October 3

My name is Brittany, and I am a ginger.

There are many words that have been used to describe me.

Daughter Friend Happy Weird
Lame Crazy BORING
Silly BFF bandtasmic whore
 Leprechaun DRUMMER wench
midget babe trekkie
sweet pirate AGGIE
 nerd MORMON roommate


Quite the list eh?
Well I'm not done yet, there is one more word that is used to describe me. It is used affectionately, disdainfully, discriminately, categorically, fearfully, and overly too often.

Over my almost-twenty years of life I have been called this almost as often as I've been called my own name.

That's right ladies and gentlemen.
I am
A

{Ginger}


According to my dictionary, "ginger" can mean any of the following:
  • a reedlike plant, Zingiber officinale, native to the East Indies but now cultivated in most tropical countries, having a pungent, spicy rhizome used in cookery and medicine.
  • piquancy; animation: plenty of ginger in their performance of the dance.
  • a yellowish or reddish brown

According to urbandictionary.com, a ginger is described as:


  • A human, characterized by pale skin, freckles and bright red hair. "Gingers" are generally considered to be inferior to their more melanin-rich brethren, and thus deservingly discriminated against. Gingers are thought to have no souls. The condition, "gingervitis" is genetic and incurable.


    Since there is obviously some discrepancy here, I think it is my duty as a proud Ginger to set the record straight.
    {Gingers are awesome}
    My proof?










See? the ginger category is where many of the coolest people in the world reside, myself included.
And yes: I can't walk outside without spf 9000 sunscreen on, I can play dot-to-dot with my freckles, I can't wear pink, and I am constantly mocked by the rest of society.
BUT
I think it a small price to pay to be this awesome.

AND
 I have been told at least 1789046352.12 times that I have the most beautiful hair in the world and that I should never dye it.

My conclusion?
All you haters out there are just jealous.
Because gingers are sexier than you.
Ha.

HA HA HA!

{The End}







No comments:

Post a Comment