Thursday, February 2

Day 2: Public Transportation Escapades.

This year, I live three blocks away from USU's campus.
It's really not very far,
but when it is cold
or when I'm running late
or when I really just don't feel like walking up the hill
(which is basically always)
I
Take the shuttle.

The Shuttle system at USU is bomb.
I have a stop right outside my apartment,
and another right across the street.
Not only is the shuttle close, fast, and convenient...
...but it is also almost always driven by an attractive man.

Last semester there was one guy who looked like a Vulcan.
I loved him.

My roommate Haydn and I have a lot of the same classes, since we're both Elementary Education majors, and we often ride the shuttle together. When we get off the shuttle, we always say thank you to the driver, and we started having a contest to see who could get him to say the most back.

"You Bet" is pretty standard.
"You're Welcome"is slightly better
"Have a good one!" is awesome
And anything longer and/or any combination of the above is the highest scoring.

Usually we're pretty tied.
But right now Haydn is totally kicking my trash.
She sprained her ankle really bad about a week ago, and was on crutches for a couple days. Once her foot healed enough that she could hobble around without the crutches, the bus driver took notice and asked her where they were, and hoped her foot got better.

It's going to take a long time for me to recover from that one.
But I will do my best.

The End.


2 comments:

  1. You should cripple yourself! Then you would really win! Or just wear a lot of band-aids! That could work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish he wasn't married. If we got married you could never win.

    ReplyDelete