Wednesday, February 15

Valentimes.

I write this as my 20th Valentines Day draws to a close.
I, like all single women the world over,
really don't have much enthusiasm for a day
that makes me want to do nothing more than wear sweat pants, eat ice cream, and watch every Jane Austen movie ever made.
Twice.
And possibly tear up a little at all the "Mrs. Darcy"'s and those looks that Colonel Brandon gives Marianne Dashwood.
But only a little.

Obviously, Love was heavy on my mind today.
But I wasn't thinking about the love I don't have,
At least not very much.
I mostly thought about the kind of love I hope I have in the future.
And here's what I want:


















I've come to realize, as I've grown older,
that I don't care if my husband is rich
or looks like Brad Pitt
or is an amazing chef
or a super genius
or Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
All I care about is that he's a good man
who will help me raise a family
who will be my best friend forever.
Someone who will be the big spoon
and resident Spider killer
and will pretend to love what I cook even if I burn it.
Which will probably be most of the time.

The End.


No comments:

Post a Comment