Sunday, February 12

Day 9: In Which Brittany Gets Embarassed

There are times,
when I do things
that are silly.

And sometimes they turn out great!
But the rest of the time,
I end up looking very much like a fool.

This weekend,
was one of those times when I very much looked like a fool.

Friday night, after we got off work, Haydn and I were trying to decide what in the world we should do with ourselves.
On a whim, we decided to go to the mall
and try on prom dresses.
I don't care how old you are, life is better when you're wearing a pretty dress.
Or so I thought...
So there we were at Dillards, trying on many dresses.
One that I tried on, just for fun, was this kind of
really tight
really short
ruffly purple and green dress.
It looked really cute,
but when I tried to take it off I came to a very startling realization.
I
Was Stuck.
I couldn't get the stupid dress off!!
It didn't have a zipper or anything, you just slipped it on and I for the life of me could not slip it off.
I tried and tried and tried for nigh unto 20 minutes
and the darn thing wouldn't budge!!!!
I tried slipping it off over my head.
didn't work.
I tried slipping it off over my waist.
Not happening.
I was starting to think that maybe I would be trapped in that stupid slutty dress forever, or that they'd have to bring in the Jaws of LIfe or something to cut me out.
Then I thought to myself, "What Would Zooey Deschanel Do?"
She wouldn't just sit there and let some stupid dress get the best of her, she would take the darned thing off!!
So, gosh darnit, I got it off.
It wasn't easy
And it wasn't graceful
And it took a lot longer than it should have
But I got that stupid dress off
And then I threw it on the floor.
And vowed never again to wear slutty strapless dresses.

Unfortunately, this was not the end of my embarrasment this weekend.
Last night, me and the Swing Team were invited to perform at a valentines dance in Layton.
We really didn't have a lot of time to practice this week, so we were unable to run through our routine at all before the performance.
Do you want to hear a fascinating tip about dancing?
If you don't do the routine at all for over two weeks before you
perform, you forget it.
And forget we did.
We completely, totally, utterly tanked it.
It was probably the worst performance of my whole life.
Fortunately, all the people we danced for know nothing about swing dancing and they told us that we had performed wonderfully.
Old people are so nice.

The End. 



2 comments: