Thursday, April 7

Deciding My Life is Hard

sOk. I have been thinking really hard about my life, and I'm just really confused. I don't know what I want anymore. I've wanted to be a veterinarian since I was five. I've never really thought about being anything else. Everyone wants to be a vet for at least ten minutes when they're a kid, but I was different, I really meant it when I told people that's what I was going to be when I grew up. All through High School, when everyone was stressing about what they were going to do with their lives, I was fine because I knew I was going to be a vet. 


Once I got to USU, I was worried that I was going to change my mind, but I started taking animal science classes and I loved them! I know it sounds weird, but I really enjoyed learning about animals. About all the different kinds of cows and how to tell them apart, how long a pig is pregnant, all the different parts of a chicken egg. I really really liked it, and all the opportunities I had working hands on with animals was amazing too! 


This semester though, something changed. I don't know what it was, nothing super tragic happened to me or anything. I just started feeling kind of down all the time. Usually I'm too busy to let myself wallow in my emotions, but lately, it's just been getting worse and worse. I just feel so lost and confused when I think about my life, and what I want to get out of it. I always wanted to be a vet, so I never gave any other career much thought. Now that I'm starting to think that I should do something else, I don't know what else to do. 


I just wish someone could tell me "Brittany, this is what you're going to do with your life." and tell me everything I needed to do. Having to figure it out for myself is really hard, and kind of scary. 


I'm going to go eat some cookie dough and ice cream now. Don't judge.

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, I totally know what you're going through! My first year and a half up here was basically a total waste... minus completing all my generals. If you're questioning your major sing up for some classes that you wouldn't normally take and see if anything sparks an interest. It may put you a little behind and you may have to stay an extra semester but the benefits of knowing that you chose the right major are worth it.

    ReplyDelete