Monday, April 18

Jaymay

I listened to a song on the way back from Vernal, and it became my absolute favorite song in the world. I'm secretly a huge poetry fanatic so when I listen to a song I really listen and analyze the lyrics and I loved this song so much, I thought I'd share it with you.


Gray or Blue
by Jaymay

I feel so helpless now, my guitar is not around
And I'm struggling with this xylophone
To make these feelings sound
 And I'm remembering you singing an bringing you to life
And it's raining out the window 
And today it looks like night

You haven't written to me in a week, I wonder why that is?
Are you to nervous to be lovers, 
Friendships ruined with just one kiss
I watched you very closely, I saw you look away
Your eyes are either gray or blue
I'm never close enough to say

But your sweatshirt says it all with your hood over your face
And I can't keep staring at your mouth 
without wondering how it tastes
And now I'm with another boy, He's asleep I'm wide awake
He tried to win my heart
But it's taken...time

And I know the shape of your hands because I watch them when you talk
And I know the shape of your body
Because I watch it when you walk.
And I want to know it all
But I'm giving you the lead, So go on
Go on and take it
Don't fake it
Shake it

Don't second guess your feelings
You were right from the start
I notice she's your lover, but she's nowhere near your heart
This city is for strangers like the sky is for the stars
And I think it's very dangerous
If we do not take what's ours

And I'm winning you with words because I have no other way
I'd love to look into your face 
Without your eyes turning away.
And last night I watched you sing because a person has to try
I walked home in the rain 
Because a person can not lie...


I don't know what it is about this song that I love so much, I guess just it's simplicity and it's passion.. I really think that this Jaymay chick was in my head because this song takes all the random emotions that I feel and puts them perfectly into the words I've been trying to tell people my whole life. 

I used to write poetry all the time, none of it was ever very good but I think I want to pick it up again. Maybe try my hand at some songwriting. What do you guys think?



No comments:

Post a Comment